2019-2020 Challenge Match Campaign
North Dakota’s 66th Legislature has once again provided a unique opportunity through the ND Higher Education Challenge Fund. This opportunity is intended to ignite a philanthropic spirit which will support ND colleges and universities in advancement of enhanced academics including investments in research, scholarships, technology, endowed chairs, and educational infrastructure.
Become a "Power Giver" and make your gift 50% stronger with Match Funds! The state of North Dakota will contribute one dollar of matching funds for every two gift dollars given or pledged before December 31st 2020!
Power Scholarships. Power Programs.
LRSC scholarships make powerful impacts on the lives of students when they...
- Honor academic accomplishments
- Recognize leadership and learning excellence
- Encourage enrollment in innovative programs
- Help students stay focused on learning
- Provide safety nets when the unexpected happens
- Make education more affordable
Program enhancements help when they...
- Encourage faculty to dream bigger
- Empower leaders to seek new solutions to challenges
- Provide opportunities for professional growth
- Help LRSC attract and retain talented educators
- Reward creativity
- Encourage student-focused classroom innovation
- Form collaboration between departments
- Create synergy
Our state legislature established a pool of $350,000 for Lake Region State College (LRSC) to claim by raising $700,000 in gifts and pledges from private sources.
The Challenge Match gives priority to gifts for scholarships and gifts that strengthen academic programs.
- Gifts of stock/real estate, and irrevocably gifts bequests may also be accepted and matched.
- Gift and pledge commitments must be made by December 31, 2020 to qualify for match. Pledges may extend 5 years.
- Challenge Match funds are awarded when the gift or pledge is made.
For over 75 years, Lake Region State College has provided exceptional educational services. Now is the time for you to consider creating or strengthening an endowment for scholarships or program support at Lake Region State College. Make your match-qualified gift today, and its value will grow by 50 percent. Qualifying gifts and pledges received between July 1, 2019, and December 31, 2020, may be eligible for this match.
LRSC’s Foundation (Community College Foundation) becomes responsible if a pledge is not paid. In addition, North Dakota taxpayers also qualify for a 40% tax credit for gifts to permanent endowments managed by LRSC's Foundation. Individuals must gift $5,000 in a tax year to qualify for the credit. When the ND tax credit is combined with the Federal tax deduction, the net cost of a $5,000 gift could be as little as $1,600. And, when the Challenge Match is applied, the gift's value grows to $7,500.
Endowed gifts provide a lasting legacy and a hope-filled investment in the future. It’s the gift that keeps on giving!
This foundation was established in 1959 and accepts gifts to support Lake Region State College. The Community College Foundation has 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, making your gift tax-deductible as allowed by law.