Lake Region State College welcomes the opportunity to help veterans, their spouses and dependents on the path to higher education.
LRSC offers a variety of courses and flexible scheduling online and at the Devils Lake and Grand Forks Air Force Base campuses. Most of the degree programs offered at LRSC are approved for certification by the Veterans Administration for the various VA educational benefit programs. Students may also be eligible for tuition assistance through federal or state programs.
- Accurate information about a school’s programs, requirements (see program fact sheets), accreditation, and its potential impact on course transferability and transfer agreements (Registrar's Office Transfer Information).
- Access basic college/university information and fees without disclosure of student personal information.
- Educational planning and career guidance without high-pressure registration and enrollment efforts from institutions.
- A clear and complete explanation of course/program enrollment procedures and all resulting financial obligations.
- Explore, without coercion, all financial aid options before signing up for student loans or other financial assistance. Contact Financial Aid.
- Accurate scholarship information, free of misleading 'scholarship' offers based on military tuition assistance. Contact Admissions.
- Appropriate academic screening and course placement (ACCUPLACER Testing) based on student readiness.
- Appropriate, accessible academic and student success services.
- Clearly defined institutional “drop⁄add” and withdrawal policies and procedures including information about the impact of military duties (e.g., mobilization, activation, temporary duty assignments) on their academic standing and financial responsibilities. See Academic Calendar.
- Clearly defined in the policy and procedure manual Section 800.31: Student Complaint and Grievance Procedures.
The VA certifying official and assistants at LRSC will assist students with the application and certifying process for VA benefits but they cannot make VA benefit choices for students. To get a general understanding of the various benefit options, students are encouraged to visit the GI Bill® website http://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill/ and review the section called “Post 9/11 GI BILL® & Other Programs.”
‘‘GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at http://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill."