Military and Veteran Students
Lake Region State College welcomes the opportunity to help veterans, military students, their spouses and dependents on the path to higher education. LRSC offers a variety of courses and flexible scheduling online and at the Devils Lake and Grand Forks Air Force Base campuses. Most of the degree programs offered at LRSC are approved for certification by the Veterans Administration for the various VA educational benefit programs. Students may also be eligible for tuition assistance through federal or state programs.
- Accurate information about a school’s programs, requirements (see program fact sheets), accreditation, and its potential impact on course transferability and transfer agreements.
- Access basic college/universityinformation andfees without disclosure of student personal information.
- Educational planning and career guidance without high-pressure registration and enrollment efforts from institutions.
- A clear and complete explanation of course/program enrollment procedures and all resulting financial obligations.
- Explore, without coercion, allfinancial aid optionsbefore signing up for student loans or other financial assistance. Contact Financial Aid.
- Accuratescholarshipinformation, free of misleading 'scholarship' offers based on military tuition assistance. Contact Admissions.
- Appropriate academic screening and course placement (Compass Testing)based on student readiness.
- Appropriate, accessible academic and student support services.
- Clearly defined institutional “drop⁄add” and withdrawal policies and procedures including information about the impact of military duties (e.g., mobilization, activation, temporary duty assignments) on their academic standing and financial responsibilities. See Academic Calendar.
- Clearly definedgrievance⁄appeals processes.
The VA certifying official and assistants at LRSC will assist students with the application and certifying process for VA benefits but they cannot make VA benefit choices for students. To get a general understanding of the various benefit options, students are encouraged to visit the GI Bill websitehttp://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill/and review the section called “Post 9/11 GI BILL & Other Programs.”