Student Organizations and Committees Several college organizations and committees are available for student participation. Refer to your college handbook/catalog.
- A nursing student elected by their classmates is eligible for participation as a representative to the nursing faculty meetings.
- Students in the Dakota Nursing Program are encouraged to join a local association for nursing students – Student Nurses’ Organization (SNO). The Student Nurses’ Organizations will follow the by-laws of their local chapter. The SNO faculty advisor attends each SNO meeting. The objectives of the Student Nurses’ Organization (SNO) include to:
- Promote and encourage participation in community affairs.
- Represent and promote nursing students and nursing to the faculty and the community.
- Promote students’ participation in interdisciplinary activities.
- Promote and encourage recruitment activities and promote cooperation and networking among students. Along with your local SNO, students are encouraged to join the National Student Nurses Association (NSNA).
- Students, maintaining academic standing, are also encouraged to participate in other campus organizations.
Each campus has an SNO PN and then an ADN group
Lauree Wangler, Instructor