- Complete your Application for Admission.
- Request ALL official transcripts be sent to LRSC.
- Provide your immunization records.
- Take the ACT or ACCUPLACER as a placement assessment.
Create Account and complete the form. There is a non-refundable $35USD application fee.
What type of student are you?
First-Year Student: You are a first-year student, if you have not taken courses at a post-secondary institution since you graduated from high school.
Returning Student: You are a returning student if you have previously taken classes at LRSC after you graduated from high school. This excludes early entry.
Early-Entry: You are an early entry student, if you are a high school junior or senior and wish to get an early start on your college coursework. See College Credit in High School, as your checklist may vary.
Transfer: You are a transfer student, if you have taken courses from a post-secondary institution other than Lake Region State College after you graduated from high school.
Collaborative: Collaborative students are students earning a degree from LRSC, but taking a course(s) at another North Dakota University System institution within the same term. Lake Region State College is your home institution, while the institution from which you are taking courses, but not earning a degree is your provider.
Continuing: Continuing students have already earned a degree from LRSC and wish to continue taking classes to earn an additional degree, for self-enhancement, self-satisfaction, or other personal reasons related to life-long learning.
Non-Degree: Non-degree students are students who do not intend to earn a degree, but wish to take classes for self-enhancement, self-satisfaction, or other personal reasons related to life-long learning.
See Not the Average Student section below for more information about the type of student you are.
Official transcripts must be received from ALL institutions previously attended. To be considered official, the transcripts must be received by LRSC in a sealed envelope from the issuing institution.
- High School Transcript or GED. Exemptions to this policy may be granted if you have completed 24 or more semester hours of college level coursework. If you are a current high school student a hold will be placed on your account until the final high school transcript is received.
- College/University transcripts. Including any transcripts for credits completed while in high school (excluding LRSC). In progress transcripts will be required for any institution currently in attendance. A final transcript will also be required once grades are posted.
- US transcripts. To send an official electronic transcript, please use National Clearing House
- If those services are not available for you college(s) please request an official transcript be sent to:
Lake Region State College
1801 College Drive North
Devils Lake, ND 58301
- International transcripts. Secondary school or post-secondary school transcript evaluation completed by a NACES-approved organization.
- Find a list of NACES-approved members at this website: http://naces.org/members.html
- Choose one of the organizations on the list and follow the instructions on the organization’s website to complete your transcript evaluation.
- Request that your completed transcript evaluation be sent directly to Lake Region State College.
IMMUNIZATION RECORDS FOR STUDENTS LIVING AND/OR ATTENDING CLASSES ON CAMPUS
- Measles, mumps, and rubella (MMR) 2 doses if student was born after 1/1/1957
- Meningitis (meningococcal):
- All students under the age of 22 must provide documentation of vaccination of Meningitis
- Vaccination must be AFTER age 16
NOTE: Meningococcal-B is a separate Meningitis vaccination. It does NOT meet the NDUS requirement.
North Dakota Residents: www.ndhealth.gov/Immunize/Public
Exemptions to this policy may be granted only when a licensed physician certifies that a student should not be immunized for measles, mumps, or rubella, or if your religious beliefs preclude participation in an immunization program.
See the Immunization Policy found under Consumer Information.
Lake Region State College (LRSC) along with the North Dakota University System (NDUS) requires all students to take a placement assessment.
The following Placement Exams are preferred by LRSC:
- ACT or SAT must be dated within the last five years.
- ACCUPLACER dated within the last three years.
The assessment may be waived by LRSC if the following:
- Remedial or College level English and Math courses successfully completed at a regionally accredited institution.
- Bachelor's or higher degree has been earned from a regionally accredited institution.
For further details or to register for an exam, please click here.
Not the Average Student
Whether you are a transfer student, international, collaborative, or currently serving or military veteran, Lake Region State College wants to make sure you are aware of the steps involved in becoming an LRSC student. Below you will find additional information important to making decisions about your education. You can also connect with the Office of Admissions for questions or more information.
Complete the Admissions Checklist above.
Important Information about Transfer Credits
- Remedial courses are not accepted for college credit, but may fulfill prerequisites.
- Common numbered courses will transfer as a direct equivalent course if LRSC offers the course; or will be applied to General Education subject area requirements. Otherwise, the course will transfer as a general education elective credit(s).
- North Dakota University System (NDUS) institutions streamlined the transfer process with the General Education Requirement Transfer Agreement (GERTA). Click here for more detailed information about GERTA.
- Credits from institutions on the quarter system will be converted to semester hour credits.
- Credit by examination, life experience, or any credit awarded by another institution will be excluded in transfer credit evaluations. (Additional documentation must be provided for evaluation.)
- Graduate level courses, as defined on the transferring institution’s transcript legend, will not be considered for transfer.
- Students intending to graduate from LRSC must earn their final 15 semester hours of credit at LRSC.
- Transfer credits will not be included in the student’s institutional or cumulative GPA at LRSC.
Lake Region State College offers students still in high school a way to challenge themselves and receive college and high school credit at the same time. Early entry allows high school students to take some of their generals while still attending their high school.
You are an early entry student, if you are a high school junior or senior and wish to get an early start on your college coursework.
- Application for Admissions - choose Early Entry Student as admit type
- a one time $35 application fee is required
- High School Transcript (provided by your school)
- Take the ACT or ACCUPLACER as a placement assessment
LAUNCH! is a partnership between Lake Region State College (LRSC) and the University of North Dakota (UND). The program is designed to serve students who are not yet eligible for admission to the University of North Dakota, but meet eligibility requirements for Lake Region State College. Students who choose to participate in the LAUNCH! Program will enroll as full time LRSC students, but will also take a limited number of prescribed UND classes. Classes will be held on the UND campus in Grand Forks, North Dakota. Students who successfully complete 24 transferable credits and earn a 2.0 grade point average may be considered for admission as a degree-seeking transfer student to UND. LAUNCH! students may participate in student life, housing, student services, organizations, facilities and activities, except Division I sports, available to every degree-seeking UND student. The program offers heightened academic support and unmatched personal attention. Courses are small in size, offering an opportunity for the instructor to assist students. Tutoring times are built into the schedule and additional tutoring is available by the Student Success Center on the UND campus. Intensive advisement is offered to each of the student and the LAUNCH! Coordinator is located on the UND campus to offer assistance to students.
- Complete the Admissions Checklist above.
- LAUNCH! Students admit type on the application is First-Year Student.
- Complete the UND Health Form.
- See Paying for College above to complete the following:
- Complete your FAFSA
- Complete your LRSC Scholarship application
- See Forms for information on payment plans if you do not qualify for financial aid
Lake Region State College collaborative students are students earning a degree from LRSC, but taking a course(s) at another North Dakota University System institution within the same term. Lake Region State College is your home institution, while the institution from which you are taking courses, but not earning a degree is your provider.
Complete the Admissions Checklist at the top of the page.
To qualify as a collaborative student, you MUST meet the following criteria:
- Be a fully admitted student and be receiving your degree from Lake Region State College
- You cannot have any negative service indicators preventing enrollment
- You must be enrolled in at least one course at Lake Region State College for the term
- You cannot exceed 18 semester hours total for the term without appropriate approval
- You must meet all prerequisites set by the provider institution
- Graduate level and correspondence courses are not eligible for collaborative registration
Registering as a collaborative student may be a benefit if you are using the credits for Financial Aid at Lake Region State College. Consider your collaborative registration very carefully and if you have any questions contact Paula Zielske at LRSC_Collaborative@lrsc.edu or 701-662-1671
As part of your Collaborative Registration, Lake Region State College will complete the following:
- Credits taken at provider institutions will be combined with credits at LRSC for financial aid purposes.
- Tuition owed to your provider institution will be added to your bill at Lake Region State College.
- Bookstore charges will be added to your account at Lake Region State College.
- A transcript from your provider institution will automatically be requested at the end of the semester and credits will be transferred to Lake Region State College.
Collaborative Registration Process
- Submit the Collaborative Course Form which is emailed to Student Affairs at LRSC
- LRSC reviews your request and verifies your eligibility to take the requested courses collaboratively
- LRSC passes the request to the provider institution
- Provider institution registers you in Campus Connection and emails you a copy of your schedule. You are not registered until you receive this confirmation email.
- Once you are registered at the provider institution a hold will be placed on your account preventing you from making any changes. To make changes to your schedule, you must email the Collaborative Coordinator at Lake Region State College.
All drop and refund deadlines at Lake Region State College will apply to this course.
*Due to the turnaround time, you are strongly encouraged to submit your registration request before the first day of classes.