Welcome to the Peace Officer Training Program! The following is information regarding uniform requirements, needed school supplies and book and additional information you will need in order to prepare for the academy:
- Tan slacks (slacks with cargo pockets are acceptable, no jeans), a black belt (leather, nylon or tactical), black polish-able boots and black socks. Shirts and workout shorts will be ordered through the bookstore with your book orders. No jeans or skinny jeans or leggings.
- Writing pads and/or notebooks (when removed from the notebook or pad, paper must be smooth on all sides). Pens (no red pens) AND pencils. One or two 1"-2" three ring binders to file handouts provided by instructors.
- DO NOT bring any firearms, ammunition, or other weapons to the college or training center. All equipment you will need for training will be provided to you. NO personal firearms/weapons will be allowed at the training center at any time. Agency sponsored students will be instructed as to when they should bring their issued sidearm to the training center.
- Devils Lake, ND: Fall students in Devils Lake, ND are allowed to move into the dorms on the Sunday immediately before classes begin. Students will attend New Student Orientation on Monday morning at 8:45am and will meet for registration and orientation in the Peace Officer classroom at 1:00pm. Formal classes will start at 6:30am on Tuesday in the gymnasium for physical fitness.
- Grand Forks, ND: The first week of the summer academy in Grand Forks, ND will begin on Monday at 8:00am at the Public Safety Center, 1220 South 52nd Street.
- Fargo, ND: The first week of the summer academy in Fargo, ND will begin on Tuesday at 8:00am at the Fargo Regional Training Center, 2801 North University Drive.
- Minot, ND: The first day of the spring academy in Minot, ND will be on Tuesday at 8 am at the Minot Rifle and Pistol Club Training Center, 1600 62nd Street SW.
- Fargo, Grand Forks and Minot students must be able to train in Devils Lake for one week. Transportation will be provided by the college if the student is unable to get to Devils Lake on their own. The college will provide lodging and meals each day at no additional cost to the student.
- Fargo, Grand Forks and Minot students' books will need to be ordered from the Lake Region State College Bookstore. The books will then be mailed to you. Books need to be ordered no later than 1 week before start date of the academy. Book orders can be charged by credit card, debit card or charge them against financial aid if it has been approved. You will receive an e-mail when you can start ordering books and the directions on how to order books from the Director of Peace Officer Training, John Maritato.
- Devils Lake students will have the opportunity to go to the bookstore during or after orientation to purchase your books. You will also be allowed to charge them against your financial aid if it has been approved.