which would have impacted the outcome of the complaint. The accused
must (a) present the new evidence, (b) explain why it was unavailable
prior to the original decision and (c) prove that the new evidence may
have altered the outcome.
3. Severity of the Disciplinary Action: The accused believes that the
disciplinary action issued was excessive.
iii. The Vice President of Academic and Student Affairs may grant a rehearing,
order a new hearing, reduce or modify the suspension or expulsion,
grant other appropriate relief or uphold the original decision. Upon
conclusion of all appeal activities, a final decision will be made within
21 calendar days.
f. If the appeal results in a the reversal of the decision or a change to the sanction,
the institution may reimburse the student for any tuition and fees paid
to the institution for the period of suspension or expulsion which had
not been previously refunded.
STUDENT GOVERNMENT & ORGANIZATIONS
The Student Senate is the governing body elected by the students for the students. The
Student Senate provides a link between students and administration and coordinates
activities to meet students’ needs in education, culture, social activity, and general welfare.
Students arrive at Lake Region State College withmany interests and skills which continually
develop along with new interests and skills. Students at the college have the opportunity to
organize and join associations that promote common interests. Any organization that would
like to be affiliated with Lake Region State College must follow certain guidelines set by the
Initiation rite and/or hazing by any Lake Region State College affiliated organization is
prohibited by state law and carries a Class A misdemeanor if conduct causes physical harm.
Otherwise the offense is a Class B misdemeanor. Also, Lake Region State College reserves
the right to carry out disciplinary measures on campus, up to and including suspension from
To secure recognition from the Student Senate, all such Lake Region State College
organizations must meet the following conditions:
01. Have a purpose for the club which will benefit the college in some manner,
as demonstrated by written bylaws/constitution to be submitted to the
02. Secure a faculty advisor for the club.
03. Submit a list of elected officers to the Student Senate.
04. Submit a copy of the minutes from each meeting to the Student Senate.
05. Put forth a candidate from their organization in the Student Senate election.
06. Sponsor at least one campus-wide activity per semester.
Upon recognition, the following benefits will be received by the organization:
01. Use of college facilities
02. Space in the college catalog
03. Financial support by application to the Campus Activities Board
The Student Senate may, by 2/3 vote, revoke any of the particular privileges of a club for due