Table of Contents Table of Contents
Previous Page  45 / 140 Next Page
Show Menu
Previous Page 45 / 140 Next Page
Page Background


Academic Appeals Procedure -


with an academic grievance concerning

grading, attendance, testing, incompletes,

or withdrawals should first discuss the

grievance with the faculty person involved

with the request to resolve the grievance. If

the grievance is not resolved at the faculty

level, students should bring their concern to

the Vice President of Academic and Student

Affairs. If this informal discussion does not

achieve resolution of the grievance, students

should request a formal interview of the

grievance by the Curriculum and Academic

Standards Committee. This grievance must

be submitted to the committee in writing.

The committee will consider the grievance

as formally presented by the student, and

will consult with all parties significantly

involved in the grievance. The committee

will document its findings and render the

disposition of the grievance within 20 school

days upon receipt of the student’s formal

written grievance. The student will then be

notified of the committee’s decision. It is

the student’s responsibility to initiate and

advance the grievance.

Establishing Prior Credit

Lake Region State College seeks to

recognize and give credit for education

and knowledge that students have

acquired prior to enrolling at Lake

Region State College. There are several

means of establishing credits toward a

certificate or degree.

Transfer of Credits to LRSC -

Credits earned at regionally-accredited

institutions are eligible for transfer.

Students with credit from institutions

that are not regionally-accredited may

petition for special consideration.

College Level Examination

Program (CLEP) Credit -

This is

one of the accepted means by which

students may establish college credit. A

national program that affords students

an opportunity to obtain college

recognition for their formal or informal

preparation prior to attending college.

Generally, colleges and universities

accept CLEP credit; however, students

who plan to transfer should contact the

receiving school to clarify limitations.

Lake Region State College will permit a

total of 15 semester credit hours from

alternate credit earning options toward

any program, including CLEP and/or life

experience credits. Students must be

enrolled at LRSC as a degree-seeking

student to receive CLEP credit. Students

may not take CLEP subject exams after

enrolling in that course.

Lake Region State College is an open

test center site and will test anyone

who is properly registered.

Advanced Placement Credit -

Students who have completed certain

Advanced Placement (AP) courses

in high school and who have earned

a minimum score of three on the

Advanced Placement Examination will

be awarded college credit according

to the policy of the North Dakota

University System.

Table of Accepted Courses -


explanation and table of accepted

courses and scores for CLEP and AP

appears on the NDUS website.

Articulation Credit -

The intent

of articulation is to provide students

with previously completed secondary

career and technical course work the

opportunity to receive credit for this

knowledge and ability at the post-

secondary level. Articulated credits may

not transfer to other post-secondary

institutions. To articulate a high

school course, a student will need the

appropriate signatures as requested

on the articulation form obtained in

Academic Affairs. Generally, students

who are enrolled full-time and have

completed course work in computer