Secure Login

Employee Portal

Employees login with your Computer User ID and portal password. 
Forgot Password?

Summer Financial Aid FAQ

Students like you are asking the same questions. Get your answers about summer financial aid here.

Can I receive financial aid for 2018 summer classes?
Summer financial aid may be available on a limited basis. If you have not exhausted your 2017-2018 award for loans and grants, you may be eligible for summer aid. In order to be eligible for Federal Direct Loan in the summer you must be enrolled in at least 6 credits. Starting in 2017-2018 students eligible for Pell Grant may receive up to 150% of their scheduled Federal Pell Grant award in an award year. This means if you received a full time Pell Grant in the fall and spring semester, you may still receive Pell Grant for the summer semester. Students must be enrolled in at least 6 credits to access the additional Pell Grant Award.

How do I apply for summer financial aid?
There are two steps to apply for summer financial aid.

  1. To apply for 2018 summer financial aid, you must have 2017-2018 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) on file in the LRSC financial aid office. The FAFSA is an electronic form located at
  2. Be sure to submit the financial aid institutional application for summer. The Summer Financial Aid application can be found at > Paying for College > Financial aid Forms > Summer Financial Aid Application. Be sure to attach a copy of your class schedule to the summer aid form.

Can I receive financial aid from Lake Region State College if I am a student from a different college just taking a couple of classes during the summer?
No. To be eligible for federal financial aid a student must be admitted into a degree or certificate program at LRSC. Non-degree students may consider non-federal alternative loans or the Business Office can set up a payment plan to assist you with the cost of tuition and fees.

Can I receive financial aid if I am enrolled in the summer Peace Officer Training Program?
Yes, eligible students enrolled in the Peace Officer Training Program may be eligible for Federal Financial Aid. To apply for Federal Financial Aid for summer session 2018, you must complete the 2017-2018 Free Application for Federal Student Aid at

I plan to transfer to Lake Region State College starting the summer semester, what do I need to do?
To transfer to LRSC you must complete the admission process. Below is a checklist of items needed to be admitted. You can be working on the financial aid process at the same time as applying for admission.

Admissions Checklist:

  1. Application for Admissions- choose Transfer Student as admit type. A one time $35 application fee is required
  2. High School Transcript Request Form or GED test results.
  3. Immunization record.
  4. ACT or ACCUPLACER Testing. If you haven't taken your ACT or ACCUPLACER Test see the testing schedule.
  5. College transcript(s), if applicable. Request from the Registrar's Office of the institution granting credits.

Financial Aid for Summer

  • Complete the 2017-2018 FAFSA – If you have completed the 2017-2018 FAFSA, log-in to the FAFSA at and add the LRSC College Code which is 002991.
  • Complete the LRSC request for Summer Financial Aid Application
  • Make sure you respond to requests from the financial aid office.
  • Summer awards are based on the assumption that you will successfully complete all of your spring courses. If you fail to complete some of your spring courses, it may change your summer eligibility.
  • If your summer plans change after you have registered for summer classes and you choose not to attend summer term, complete the LRSC Withdrawal Form at

We. Change. Lives.