Secure Login

Employee Portal

Employees login with your Computer User ID and portal password. 
Forgot Password?

Veteran and Military Benefits

Veteran Benefits

Veterans who wish to receive education benefits under the GI Bill must be pursuing an academic degree and only courses that apply towards the degree may be certified. Most of the degree programs offered at LRSC are approved for certification for VA benefits. Veterans who are eligible for benefits under more than one GI Bill program are advised to consult the GI Bill website in order to choose the program most advantageous to their situation. A brief overview of the most common VA benefit programs is provided below, but students are advised to check the GI Bill website for the most current information about rates and benefit levels.

Once a student is enrolled as a degree-seeking student at LRSC, in order to have enrollment certified for VA benefits each semester, a Request for School Certification of VA Benefits form must be submitted online.

Students who are seeking degrees at other institutions, but taking classes collaboratively at LRSC, must request their home institution to send a parent letter to the VA Certifying Official at LRSC to verify that the course(s) are applicable to their degree and request that LRSC certify them for VA benefits.

Post 9/11 GI Bill – (Chapter 33):  Benefit level is determined based on active duty service time. VA pays tuition directly to the school. Student may be eligible to receive a housing allowance and book stipend if at least one course is being taken on campus, (not just online courses.)

MGIB/AD – Montgomery GI Bill/Active Duty (Chapter 30):  Benefit level is a fixed amount; VA sends a monthly check to student after proof of enrollment.

MGIB /SR – Montgomery GI Bill/Selected Reserves  (Chapter 1606):  Benefit level is a fixed amount; VA sends a monthly check to student after proof of enrollment.

REAP – Reserve Educational Assistance Program (Chapter 1607): Benefit level is a fixed amount; VA sends a monthly check to student after proof of enrollment.

DEA - Survivors and Dependents Educational  Assistance Program (Chapter 35): Dependents' Educational Assistance provides education and training opportunities to eligible dependents of certain veterans. The program offers up to 45 months of education benefits. These benefits may be used for degree and certificate programs, apprenticeship, and on-the-job training. If you are a spouse, you may take a correspondence course. Remedial, deficiency, and refresher courses may be approved under certain circumstances.

VRAP – Veterans Retraining Assistance Program: Offers up to 12 months of training assistance to veterans who meet certain criteria, including: between the ages of 35 and 60, unemployed on the date of application, not eligible for any other VA education benefit programs, not in receipt of VA compensation due to unemployability and not enrolled in a federal or state job training program. VRAP has a limited duration and number of participants. Student must be enrolled full-time in a VA approved program for a high demand occupation.

Active Military

Active duty military students may be eligible for up to 100% tuition assistance through their branch of the armed forces. The procedure for applying for "TA" is different for each branch of service.  Go to the Resource Tab to apply or get TA information for each branch of service.


Some military or veterans benefits may be transferred from the veteran or active duty member to a dependent spouse or child. Some examples are:

ND Veteran Dependent Tuition Waiver – Provides 100% tuition and fee waivers for up to 45 months or  10 consecutive semesters to the spouse and dependent children of a veteran with a 100% permanent disability rating from the VA or who died from a service–connected cause or disability, or who was a POW or declared missing in action. The veteran must have entered service while living in ND or be able to provide documentation of ND residency for 10 years.

Post 9/11 GI Bill (Chapter 33) – to be eligible to transfer benefits, the service member must have served in the Armed Forces for at least six years, and agree to serve four additional years, from the date of the election to transfer benefits.


We. Change. Lives.