LAUNCH! is a partnership between Lake Region State College (LRSC) and the University of North Dakota (UND). The program is designed to serve students who are not yet eligible for admission to the University of North Dakota, but meet eligibility requirements for Lake Region State College. Students who choose to participate in the LAUNCH! Program will enroll as full time LRSC students, but will also take a limited number of prescribed UND classes. Classes will be held on the UND campus in Grand Forks, North Dakota. Students who successfully complete 30 transferable credits and earn a 2.5 grade point average may be considered for admission as a degree-seeking transfer student to UND. LAUNCH! students may participate in student life, housing, student services, organizations, facilities and activities, except Division I sports, available to every degree-seeking UND student. The program offers heightened academic support and unmatched personal attention. Courses are small in size, offering an opportunity for the instructor to assist students. Tutoring times are built into the schedule and additional tutoring is available by the Student Success Center on the UND campus. Intensive advisement is offered to each of the student and the LAUNCH! Coordinator is located on the UND campus to offer assistance to students.
- Application for Admissions- choose First-Year Student as admit type
(a one time $35 application fee is required)
- High School Transcript Request Formor GED test results
- Immunization record
- ACT or ACCUPLACER Testing
(if you haven't taken your ACT or ACCUPLACER Test see the testing schedule)
- UND Health Form
- College transcripts, only if you took college credit while in high school -Request Transcript
Lake Region State College is an open-admission college. After submitting the required documents students will be mailed a letter of acceptance and information about registering for classes.
- File your FAFSA (Free Application For Student Aid) for student financial aid
- Fill out the LRSC Scholarship form and check out other scholarships that you are eligible to receive.
Don't know what scholarships are available? Speak with Katie Nettell, our Directory of Financial Aid, and your high school counselor for more information about scholarships available.
- Planning on living on-campus? Fill out the UND housing application online or mail the application back.
- Don't qualify for financial aid? Check-out payment plan options as an alternative.
- Any other questions? Ask Admissions and they will help you, or email Cindy Rerick or call 701-777-4901.
- Visit the UND Campus and LAUNCH! Office. Please take the time to visit the University of North Dakota campus. When you schedule a visit with UND they will set up a time for you to visit the LAUNCH! Office as well. You can set a tour time by visiting UND Admission.
- Learn about Campus Connection. What Campus Connection can do, the mobile app and keeping your information up-to-date.
LRSC FERPA Form
UND FERPA Form- students will be unable to complete form until they register for their UND course(s)
UND Immunization Form
Financial Aid Forms