The Welding and Basic Machining Certificate offered by Lake Region State College is hosted at the Grand Forks Air Force Base. The program is open to all military personnel, families, and interested area residents. All welding courses are offered five times a year in 8 week sessions.
The program is designed to train students to become proficient in all common welding processes.
Students will learn:
- Oxy-acetylene welding
- Flame cutting, brazing, hard surfacing
- Gas metal arc welding
- Gas tungsten arc welding
- and more
1. Application for Admission:
- Choose your student type. If unsure of your student type clickherefor more information
- A one time application fee of $35 is required
2. High School Transcript Request Form or GED test results
3. ACTorCompass Testing
4. College Transcripts, if applicable:
- College transcripts can be requested from Registrar's Office of the institution granting the credits, or
- Order transcripts from theNational Student Clearinghouse. Cost is $5 per transcript with a possible fee for shipping and handling