Peace Officer Training Program:
Uniform Requirements and Supply List
Welcome to the Peace Officer Training Program! The following is information regarding uniform requirements, needed school supplies and book and additional information you will need in order to prepare for the academy:
- Tan slacks (slacks with cargo pockets are acceptable, no jeans), a black leather belt, black polish-able shoes or boots and black socks. The college will provide uniform shirts for wear in the classroom and for physical fitness training. You will need navy blue sweatpants and/or navy blue shorts and tennis shoes for physical fitness training. Sweatpants may have only a logo or name brand (i.e. Nike) and/or a stripe.
- Writing pads and/or notebooks (when removed from the notebook or pad, paper must be smooth on all sides). Pens (no red pens) AND pencils. One or two 1"-2" three ring binders to file handouts provided by instructors.
- DO NOT bring any firearms, ammunition, or other weapons to the college or training center. All equipment you will need for training will be provided to you. NO personal firearms/weapons will be allowed at the training center at any time. Agency sponsored students will be instructed as to when they should bring their issued sidearm to the training center.
- Devils Lake, ND: Fall students in Devils Lake, ND are allowed to move into the dorms on the Sunday immediately before classes begin. Students will attend New Student Orientation on Monday morning at 8:45am and will meet for registration and orientation in the Peace Officer classroom at 1:00pm. Formal classes will start at 6:30am on Tuesday in the gymnasium for physical fitness.
- Grand Forks, ND: The first week of the summer academy in Grand Forks, ND will begin on Monday at 8:00am at the Public Safety Center, 1220 South 52nd Street.
- Fargo, ND: The first week of the summer academy in Fargo, ND will begin on Tuesday at 8:00am at the Fargo Regional Training Center, 2801 North University Drive.
- Minot, ND: The first day of the spring academy in Minot, ND will be on Tuesday at 8 am at the Minot Rifle and Pistol Club Training Center, 1600 62nd Street SW.
- Fargo, Grand Forks and Minot students must be able to train in Devils Lake for one week. Transportation will be provided by the college if the student is unable to get to Devils Lake on their own. The college will provide lodging and meals each day at no additional cost to the student.
- Fargo, Grand Forks and Minot students' books will be provided to you on the first day of class. You will need to bring a check or money order payable to Lake Region State College for your books. The books will cost approximately $3000, however if you must take CJ 201: Introduction to Criminal Justice during the academy, your books will cost approximately $3090. The exact amount will not be known until the first day of class. If you have financial aid in progress and approved, you may charge your books against your financial aid.
- Devils Lake students will have the opportunity to go to the bookstore during or after orientation to purchase your books. You will also be allowed to charge them against your financial aid if it has been approved.