The Information Technology program at Lake Region State College prepares students for exciting, ever-changing job opportunities. IT is the driving force of business, education, entertainment, health care and government. IT is all about combining the power of computing with the study of managerial know-how and social issues to effectively solve current problems.
Students will be prepared for information-oriented office environments and learn a variety of computer application software. Lake Region gives students access to state-of-the-art equipment and facilities to prepare them for industry required certification tests available on the Lake Region State College campus.
When pursuing the Associate in Applied Science for Information Technology, students must choose to concentrate in 1 or 4 sub-plans which includes: Web Design/Computer Support, Transfer, Transfer for Valley City State University, or Office Technologies which is offered at the Grand Forks AFB only.
Students are expected to have:
- Basic Windows skills or complete CIS 162, Operating Systems
- Type approximately 35 words or take a basic keyboarding class in preparation
As a graduate of the Information Technology program, students will be able to:
- Perform network management activities and work with communications, protocols, security and directory structures.
- Understand the role of information systems within a business organization.
- Use advanced features of application software.
- Utilize advanced functions and features of various application software.
Contact an Advisor
Needed: Computer Support Specialists
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics: Computer support specialists provide help and advice to people and organizations using computer software or equipment. Some, called technical support specialists, support information technology (IT) employees within their organization. Others, called help-desk technicians, assist non-IT users who are having computer problems.
Job Outlook, 2010-2020: 18%
Median Pay 2010: $46,260
Entry Level Education: Some college
Want a job that pays 60% more than the average in North Dakota? IT is for you!
Learn more about IT as a career -- Without IT, we wouldn't have fun stuff like computers, cell phones, video games and iPods... Without IT...
North Dakota's IT industry...
- Has an average wage 60% higher than the state average
- Has tripled the national job growth rate since 2003
- Will hire 2,000+ workers over the next decade
- Is important to all industries
Contact an Advisor