As a student in the Administrative Assistant and Office Management program, you will develop skills that are necessary to serve an essential role in efficient, productive organizations. You will be prepared to fulfill the duties of a professional assistant, including: word processing, information management, technical business knowledge, management communication and accounting and office procedures. You will also learn to solve problems, delegate tasks, communicate with diverse groups of people and keep pace with computer technology as it evolves in the business environment.
The Administrative Assistant and Office Management Certificate can be earned in two semesters and will open doors to entry-level positions in word processing centers and general offices. The Associate in Applied Science includes strong skill building courses and a 20-credit general education requirement. Many employers believe the broad knowledge provided by the general education courses is important and they may give preference to job applicants who have completed the higher degree program.
*Note: If your typing is less than 35 words per minute, you must enroll in BOTE 102: Keyboarding I.
1. Application for Admission:
- Choose your student type. If unsure of your student type clickherefor more information
- A one time application fee of $35 is required
2. High School Transcript Request Form or GED test results
3. ACTorCompass Testing
4. College Transcripts, if applicable:
- College transcripts can be requested from Registrar's Office of the institution granting the credits, or
- Order transcripts from theNational Student Clearinghouse. Cost is $5 per transcript with a possible fee for shipping and handling
Get Involved. Get Experienced.
Join LRSC Business Club orPhi Beta Lambdato help you explore employment opportunities and examine resources to advance your career. Today's employers place strong emphasis on relevant work experience, and it's a good idea to gain hands-on work experience while getting your degree. Visit LRSC Placement Office for job opportunities on-campus and in the community or check out our Cooperative Education program to learn how to couple valuable work experience with a paycheck and academic credit.
Students can gain additional skills and job opportunities with the:
- Medical Option prepares you to work in settings such as hospitals, medical offices, pharmaceutical companies, medical insurance companies, etc.
- Legal Option gives you opportunity to work in law offices, courts, and legal department of large businesses.
- Other Options may include: travel, sports, entertainment, banking, insurance, real estate, government, foreign service, or education.