Enrolling in an online class
New students must Apply for Admissions
Current students should:
- Register for the class through CampusConnection
- Log onto www.lrsconline.com using your ID and password which will be emailed to you
- Read the Student Tutorial. This will take 30-45 minutes to complete. Learn how to submit homework assignments, participate in class discussions online, and access additional resources
- Order your book through the LRSC bookstore. This is the most secure way to get a book. Other book vendors may take 4-6 weeks to get your book and you still may not get the correct book for the class (this situation is happening more and more each semester). Buy from LRSC
- When the term date arrives, you log into the class and participate. LRSC online classes are NOT self paced. If you do not fully participate in the class, you can be administratively dropped.
- If at any time between registering for the class and the end of the semester you change your email address, you MUST go into both CampusConnection and LRSC online to make the change. Doing so is vital to your success in the class.
- If you are experiencing problems with online classes, please make sure you use the 24 hour ONLINE help desk at: 1-800-805-8825.
- Filing a Complaint - Lake Region State College's policy and procedure manual outlines steps for students and others who wish to file a complaint or grievance. This process is outlined in Article 8.31 of the LRSC Policy and Procedure manual.
Receive tutoring services
Lake Region State College Students have access help in both online and on campus courses anytime…day or night! Learn more about Smarthinking.
Online Tutoring Services are now integrated into LRSC Online and LRSC eCompanion with a single sign on (SSO). To access Smarthinking, login to LRSC Online
and use the Smarthinking SSO link under the My Home Tab.
The Smarthinking Online Tutoring Service provides students with assistance in these subject areas, but are not limited to: English and Writing, Mathematics (Algebra, Calculus and Statistics), Science (Biology, Chemistry and Physics) and Business (Accounting, Economics).
Smarthinking evaluates the subjects regularly and more subjects are added as necessary. Students can: Connect with an e-structor to interact with a live tutor, submit their writing to the Online Writing Lab or submit a question and receive a reply from a tutor (usually within 24 hours). Smarthinking services are free to LRSC students.
Student Handbook for Smarthinking
Faculty Handbook for Smarthinking
FAQ for Faculty